If you’ve ever had questions about taxes or any other aspect of the federal budget, we’re going to be holding some virtual office hours to get them answered!
If you want to watch without participating in the chat, just go to just go to http://www.youtube.com/nationalpriorities at 3pm ET on Thursday, August 23rd to watch the live feed. When a live feed is running, you’ll see an option to click on it like this:
You’ll be able to type in questions in the comment box there if you have anything you want to ask about!
If you want to be in the chat to ask questions, follow these instructions!
This will take place August 23rd at 3pm, if you’d like to be in the video chat with us, just send an email to services [at] nationalpriorities.orgto let us know the email address you use for your Google+ account.
1. If you aren’t already on Google+, join! If you already have a Gmail account, go to step 2. If you don’t have a Gmail account, sign up for one here.
2. Log in to your Gmail account and click on the “+your name” all the way on the left in the top toolbar of your Gmail inbox. If you haven’t set up a Google+ account yet, it will say “+You.” (If you’re logging in to Google+ for the first time, you may see a page prompting you to find more friends. You can do this or just hit “continue” to skip this step.)
2. VERY IMPORTANT STEP - You must install the Google voice and video plugin to participate in a Google Hangout. You can download it here.
3. Once you’re in Google+, search for “Nat Priorities” in the search bar at the top of the screen and hit enter. IMPORTANT - This searchbar is in Google+, not the regular Google search.
4. When you see Nat Priorities in your search results, click on the “add” button to add Nat Priorities to one of your circles, it doesn’t matter which one.
5. If you’ve sent us an email about joining the hangout, we’ll send you an invite at 3pm to chat, accept it! You’ll get this invite in your Google+ page or your Gmail inbox. (Make sure you’ve already enabled the Google Voice and Video plugin, if you haven’t it’ll prompt you to do that.)
The video chat will be streaming live through our YouTube channel, so you need to certify that you will not use any copyrighted materials in the chat before entering. Once you do that you should be all set!
If you don’t see an invite pop up, it may be in your notifications. This will be in the top right hand corner of your inbox or Google+ page.
If you didn’t pre-register, you can send an email to services [@] nationalpriorities.org to request an invite. This process can be delayed, so if you don’t want to miss anything make sure to register ahead of time!
If you have more questions about Google Hangouts, you can check out their help page here.
We can’t wait to talk to you and answer your questions!
If you’re in the chat, you should mute your microphone when not speaking to help keep the background noise down and turn the chat feature on to be able to type questions and comments!